If you need storage space, should learn how to get ready for renting. The best way to prepare for this job, it to find out what questions to ask before renting a storage unit! Well, below, you will discover how the process works!
Before anything, you need to know why it is a good idea to rent a storage unit in the first place. For example, if you are living in a small condo, this solution will be perfect for placing some belongings that are not using that often. Apart from that, these spaces are great even if you have items that require frequent access. Anyway, whatever the reason is, everything is you want to put here will be perfectly saved and ready for you in no time. So, all you have to do next is to discover more about this process! Well, continue reading to get some tips!
Questions to ask before renting a storage unit – Will my belongings be safe?
You may know how to determine the size of the storage unit for your needs, but you also need to know what to ask facility representatives about before closing the deal. When you’re renting a storage unit, security should be top on the list of must-haves. You won’t your belongings to be safe and secure. So, you’ll want to be sure that the storage facility you consider renting takes security seriously. Here’s what to ask:
- Is there good security fencing? You want storage that’s off-limits to people wandering through.
- Is there one main ate entrance or multiple ones? You should know that multiple entrances are harder to secure and monitor.
- Is the entrance secured?
- Does the storage have security cameras and lighting throughout the property? Also, ask the manager to show you that the cameras are working.
- Does every unit have its alarm? You need to know that the biggest security threat is other renters. So, rent storage where each unit is individually alarmed. This will give you peace of mind knowing that your belongings are safe and secure.
- Find out if the managers truly pay attention? Even the best security system isn’t enough when the managers don’t monitor who’s coming and going and where.
Is the facility climate-controlled?
Thefts are a threat to your belongings, but not the only one. Another big threat is major shifts in temperatures. So, make sure you ask if the storage facility has climate control. This is crucial for protecting your belongings from the elements. Your possessions are vulnerable to extreme fluctuations in weather and mold from too much moisture. So, find a facility that offers climate-controlled storage and keeps your items safe.
Some other questions to ask before renting a storage unit
- Find out how to pack your storage for frequent access.
- Learn how to maintain the unit.
- Ask about the security and the protection of the warehouse.
- See if there are any discounts and some special offers.
- And find out what else is included in the price of renting.
Well, all these things are important to know, because your beloved items will be there for a while. And if you want them to be safe, you have to learn how to make that happen!